My friend tells me one thing, my mentor tells me something else, an acquaintance tells me yet a different story.
My mind races all over the place trying to discern the truth from the 3 different sources.
Meanwhile my inner voice begins to question every decision I make.
"How do you know which one is telling you the truth? If you believe the wrong person many lives could be adversely affected. What do you mean you aren't smart enough to know when someone is lying to you. You should be able to tell the truth from a lie. You're letting yourself be used. If you can't tell the difference between the truth and a lie then how do you expect God to use you to minister to others? How do expect to raise your children to know the truth? Oh God why can't you beat me upside the head with the truth! Where are you God?"
And on & on it goes...
These are the inner thoughts I have been battling over the last several months. It hasn't been fun. One minute I am confident of what the truth is and the next minute the negative inner thoughts are taking me into a tailspin. And when that happens I become anxious, stressed, worried, snappy & easily become "Unglued" with my kids & husband.
But God led me to a truth during my quiet time several weeks ago that helped calm those negative inner thoughts.
"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because NO LIE COMES FROM THE TRUTH." 1 John 2:20,21John reminded me that God gave me the Holy Spirit so that I would know the truth. Jesus is the TRUTH and NO LIE COMES FROM GOD!
"I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit - just as it has taught you, remain in him." 1 John 2: 26,27John reminds me to be on guard for those who will try to lead me astray. I am to remember that God's word is NEVER counterfeit!
As I studied these passages I was challenged to ask myself...
Do I truly live & believe that I have an anointing from God, which is the Holy Spirit, & that God is the complete truth & that NO LIE COMES FROM GOD? Do I examine what others say against the truth of God in order to recognize the counterfeit?
I love Chapter 10 Negative Inside Chatter from Unglued! It couldn't have come at a better time. Lysa shares on page 144
"We are to think about, ponder, and park our minds on constructive thoughts, not destructive thoughts. Thoughts that build us up, not tear us down. Thoughts that breathe life into us, not suck life from us. Thoughts that lead to peace, not anxiety."
Oh how true that is!!!
God is my teacher! He is THE TRUTH! I am to stay close to God through prayer & studying HIS WORD & HE WILL REVEAL THE TRUTH!
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4 :6-9When I stay close to God through prayer His peace which transcends ALL understanding will guard my heart AND my mind in Christ and GOD'S PEACE WILL BE WITH ME.
Dear Heavenly Father, You are Truth! You sent your Truth to us in the form of your Son Jesus & you gave us the Holy Spirit to guide us to that Truth. Thank you that you are always true and never counterfeit. Lord may we rest in you, rest in your truth. May we park our minds on whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable so that we will know your peace. In your Holy Name I pray Amen.
I'm linking today with Melissa Taylor's Online Bible Study of Unglued by Lysa TerKuerst.
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment