Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Still thankful!


Thankful Thursday has been missing in action for a few weeks. But it doesn't mean I haven't been thankful!

I shared with a friend recently that for the last several summers I have gone into hibernation mode and spent a lot of time reading, reflecting and refreshing. Each summer God has used that time to quietly speak deep into my heart. He has nudged me in new directions and used that time to prepare for the busy days ahead.

This summer has been different - instead of having lots of time of quiet reflection I have had busy days of wild excitement with my family. We have sun-kissed skin and memories formed to remind us of a summer of reconnecting and bonding. God said focus on your family - love on them, play with them, explore with them, experience new things with them. And that is just what I have done!

Although I haven't taken the time to write down on paper every joy-thankful moment, I am still thankful. Those moments are engraved on my heart and mind. 

What joy moments are engraved on your heart and mind from this summer?

Counting the Joy moments #772 -#786
  • sun-kissed skin
  • sunrise on the beach with my Mom & kids
  • little cousins squealing with delight
  • roar of the surf on the rocks
  • quiet walks to clear my head
  • bike rides with uncles & aunts
  • family reunions
  • wild beating of my heart while tubing with my son
  • moving beyond the "careful" Mom to enjoy the 1st experiences of childhood
  • day on the lake with family
  • young cousins getting to know each other better
  • the hope of future generations
  • God going before me & ordaining my days
  • one step closer to completed renovations
  • accepting change even though I don't understand

Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 




In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...