Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, June 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ a nest full of eggs...


Its here again. 

As I sit at my window having my morning quiet time I realize I have a decision to make. I realize it when I see my two friends sitting outside my window like they did all spring as they sat on the ledge overlooking & protecting the birdnest full of baby birds.

I have my own nest full of eggs unhatched, only not all of the eggs should be hatched. My eggs contain fear,  anxiety & worry. Oh it is so easy to be overwhelmed by those emotions. In my fleshly human ways I take those eggs and guard them so that no one, not even God can destroy them. And in my guarding I keep God from working in my life to hatch a beautiful life song like the birds who are singing outside my window.

When I make myself vulnerable to God He will take the eggs filled with fear, anxiety & worry and destroy them. He will nurture the eggs filled with trust, hope & grace so that they will hatch into a beautiful life song.

"Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD?
He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them."
Psalm 25:12 & 14





 Do you have eggs you need to trust to God? What issues do you need to hand over to God for Him to create a beautiful song for your life?

Continuing to count the Joy Dare #731 - #755:

  • warm, fresh coffee in the morning
  • clothes left on the floor
  • blueberry picking with friends
  • fresh fruit from the farms
  • summer blueberries, strawberries & blackberries
  • freezing berries for winter smoothies
  • fresh local honey
  • sweet, grilled corn on the cob
  • the good & bad of being petite
  • making art from a blank piece of paper & crayons
  • a stack of books saved for a rainy day & this being the rainy day...
  • the hope of removing the mask...
  • good memories of a trip to the beach as a child
  • having family trips that I can find good memories
  • learning what it means to be loyal & dedicated
  • almonds & pistachios
  • lazy Sunday with all 4 of us napping on the couch
  • Father's Day lunch made with love
  • father/son walks
  • sitting under a fig tree eating ice cream with friends
  • ice cream overlooking the beach
  • Daddy/daughter walks on the beach
  • sunsets over the ocean
  • sunrises over the marsh
  • having faith that God will get us through the difficult days but not knowing how
  • the hope & prayer of something new
Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 


In His Calm,

Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...