Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

grace for this good girl...

do...do...do...
fix...fix...fix...
work...work...work...
try...try...try...

That is me. Always doing. Always fixing. Always working. Always trying.
I feel the need to be in motion all the time. Because, if I'm not in motion then I'm being lazy and that's not acceptable.

But who says that's not acceptable? God? Others? Me?

I'm the one who places those expectations on myself. I'm a people please-er & I'm a God please-er. I want to do whatever is necessary to please God & others.

This summer I am reading through Grace for the Good Girl - letting go of the try-hard life by Emily Freeman. For all of you "good girls" out there you have to add this book to your summer reading!

http://www.chattingatthesky.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/grace-for-the-good-girl.jpg

In Grace for the Good Girl Emily shares how "Martha's desire to please clouded her willingness to trust". "Martha chose to please him (Jesus) because trusting looked passive. To simply sit at his feet and do nothing bordered on offensive to this strong, capable woman. Martha was going to please God no matter what it took." Ouch! I can so relate to Martha in Luke 10:38-42.

Oh how I desire to be like Mary and sit at Jesus' feet basking in His Presence! I want to let go of my "many things" that keep me busy and experience my Savior for WHO He Is rather than what I can do for Him to please Him. I want to worship Him with my heart!

"Worship, not work, flows out of the hearts of those who believe." ~ Emily Freeman

Dear Lord help me slow down and sit at your feet so that I can be filled to overflowing with your loving presence. Help me to experience YOU so that my worship for you will flow out of my heart. In your Name I Pray.

Come back tomorrow for Thankful Thursday as I share with you how God gave us the gift of rest last week.

In His Calm,

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...