Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, February 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ What's missing?

"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation" 
Psalm 5:3

Do you ever get the feeling something is missing and you just can't put your finger on what it is?

Psalm 5:3 was part of my bible study this morning.  God knew I needed it. I've become complacent. Over the last week I haven't been meeting Him regularly in the morning. I normally start my day sitting in the quiet dark hours reading His Word and listening to His direction for my day.

This week I turned off the alarm clock and woke up too late each morning to sit with Him. As I've gone through this week I could tell something was missing but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I sat down to catch up on my bible study today. 

God tenderly showed me what was missing ~ my morning quiet time with Him. 

He hears my voice...He knows my voice... He misses my voice...

Are you a child of God? Does He hear your voice? Do you need to turn the alarm clock back on & get up a little earlier so that you can sit with your Lord in the morning? 

Counting Gifts ~ #365 - #383
  • clear blue skies
  • open sunroofs
  • 2 innocent lives holding American flags honoring a fallen officer

  • birds singing just outside my window
  • whir of an engine
  • the sound of an arguing brother & sister
  • birds flying high in the sky

  • early morning sunrise
  • quiet breaths & next heartbeats
  • simple gold band
  • brochures for a revival
  • picnic lunch
  • touched lives as we honor our Public Safety Officers
  • smiles as a son runs into the arms of his daddy
  • excitement after sharing homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
  • my little girl showing giddy delight
  • praying early for a Godly husband for my daughter
  • quiet respect
 
Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 





In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...