Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, February 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Content

 
"I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.
I have learned the secret of living in every situation,
whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little."
Philippians 4:11-12

It would be very easy right now to be frustrated, throw my hands up in the air and say "What next? What will be the next 'big ticket' item to break in our house?" 

The week before Christmas our washing machine died. The day after my birthday our refrigerator died and this morning the day before my husband's birthday our shower broke. I almost had a pity party about not getting a hot shower. Almost...

And then I remembered in the grand scheme of life all of these things that broke are luxury items. I can get by without a washing machine at home...there is a laundromat about 10 min from my home. I don't need a nice fridge with an ice maker in the door...the small fridge in my garage with an ice tray works beautifully. As much as I love having our own private shower in our bedroom I can use the shower in the kids bathroom.

There are people in this world who walk miles to wash their clothes in muddy rivers. There are boys and girls starving because they don't have food to eat. And there are people in my own city who don't have a home to live in. 

God has blessed me with so much! I have clothes on my body... I have food in my stomach and I have breath in my lungs. Thank you Lord for you amazing gifts!

Counting Gifts in this Joy Dare ~ #426 - #446
  • kids playing hard on the basketball court
  • washing cars & cleaning the garage on a spring like February afternoon
  • bedtime songs
  • wind in the trees and squirrels chattering
  • cheers from proud parents
  • teacher coming back next year
  • gathering of thoughts
  • quiet reflection
  • savoring the moment
  • free newspapers from my little girl
  • cleaning trash out of my car 
  • plastic ring & match box car
  • jeans that aren't a mile long :)
  • 80 little voices singing Valentine's songs
  • orange & purple heart
  • crisp cool breeze
  • multicolored pansies
  • red stripes on the American flag
  • red hot cinnamon hearts
  • red "I love you bunches" heart
  • buds waiting to burst open


Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 



In His Calm,

Mary






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...