"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7
This time 3 years ago we were in the middle of a major storm in our lives. We were experiencing the last days of my husband's Mom's life after just saying goodbye to his Dad 2 months earlier. As unbearable as those days were I was able to focus and lean on God and praise Him in the storm. Casting Crown's song Praise You in this Storm was a source of strength for me during those months.
Three years later we are going through a different type of storm. I wish I could say I was just as strong and optimistic as I was back then but I haven't been. This weekend I have pretty much just wanted to stick my head in the sand and not pull it back out until this storm has passed. But I can't!
While doing my bible study this morning I was reminded of Casting Crown's song Praise You in this Storm. I love how God gives us what we need at the perfect time.
I am reminded that there are times when we must intentionally Praise God. We may want to do anything but Praise Him. However when we take our eyes off the difficult, hard things going on in our lives and look for the glimpse of light and His Whisper "I'm With You" we can see where our "help comes from". It comes from the "maker of heaven and earth"!
I hope this helps you to "cast all your anxiety on him" so that you can Praise Him in the Storm.
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment