Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, January 9, 2012

My Soul Cries Out

                                             
Early.

photo courtesy Ruth Rackley Photography
So very early...my brain turns on and the rapid fire begins for the day... how do I have a very difficult conversation...what do I do about the issue sitting over hear waiting to be address... I have to remember to make contact with this person...I must remember to begin the letter to the volunteers...

...and oh what about my family...my son has basketball practice...my daughter has dance...my husband has a list of phone calls I need to make for him... 

...and then there's the house...laundry...grocery shopping...vacuuming...dusting...

I sit... trying to begin my day quietly in God's Word & in His Presence. My soul cries out for His Peace. I know I need to be filled by Him in order to face this day. I need Him to guide my steps and ordain my wanderings....wanderings because sometimes that is what it feels like...it feels like I am wandering from one task to the next without a direction.

But He has a plan for me. He has a plan for me to do His Work. He has a plan for me to minister to my family by filling their needs and a plan for taking care of the house.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. " Jeremiah 29:11-13

When I'm in His Presence I sense His direction for the day. I complete the tasks that are necessary. And those I don't get to? There on my list for another day...and that's ok...because I have done His Work. I have followed His Leading. And I have still made time for my husband and my children.

Does your soul cry out for God's Peace and Calm? Are you wandering from one task to the next? Are you struggling to juggle the needs of your husband, family and work? Intentionally go to Him. Ask Him to ordain your days, to set your agenda. And then hand it all over to Him. And when the moments of exhaustion and stress are too much, remember to sit in His Calm.

I'm linked today with Courtney at Women Living Well.







In His Calm,


Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...