Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday - I Will Rise

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble & fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31
Have you ever felt beaten down and weary from trying to change only to mess up. Again? This week I found myself in that place. I have worked hard to break the cycle I grew up in but this week I fell back into the behavior that was habit. It didn't take long for me to begin beating myself up. In my mind I thought, "I'm not good enough to ever change." I doubted I had the strength to be the person I want to be. 

Then I realized the enemy was putting those thoughts into my head. He was making me doubt myself. More importantly he was making me doubt God. As I drove down the road crying I asked God to forgive me for ever doubting His Love for me. I asked Him to give me the strength & help I needed to be the person He wants me to be.

As I was praying the song I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin came on the radio. It was exactly what I needed!

Thank you Lord for your Amazing Grace & Strength. Thank you for giving me power when I am weak.


#83 - #93
  • watching Little House on the Prairie with G
  • bedtime stories & songs before bed
  • watching as God reveals His Plans
  • fear of stepping out in faith
  • trusting God will do a Mighty work
  • date night
  • slip n slide fun
  • singing Jesus Loves Me with the 2 year olds during church nursery
  • God's Amazing Grace
  • encouragement from a friend
  • God calls us by name and raises us from our weakness
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience

In His Calm,

Mary

3 comments:

  1. The fact that you know these things are going on....The fact that you can recognize when these happenings are not what should happen...You are ahead of the game.
    Your list is beautiful , by the way.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that the Spirit reminded you of that song when you needed the spiritual encouragement! It's a daily battle...
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...