In The Calm by Sandi Patty
In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet I am Yours
Let Your Word speak to me
Let Your Spirit draw near
I will obey
The truth that I hear
In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet I am Yours
There's a thirst in my soul
For Your wisdom divine
I long for the peace
And life that I find
In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet I am Yours
I am still, I am quiet
I am Yours
The words of this song by Sandi Patty inspired the name of my blog. As a stay at home Mom of 2 young children my day is spent in a whirlwind of activity from grocery shopping to cooking meals, picking out clothes for the day to tucking in to bed at night, encouraging my kids to push themselves further to nursing their boo boos. In between those chaotic times I run to God for His peace and wisdom.
Through life God teaches me. When I sit quietly with Him, He reveals His truths. The lessons aren't always easy but through them God shows me His Everlasting Love.
Jeremiah 31:3 - The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving - kindness."
One of the areas God has taught me the most is in having a Godly Marriage. I would love for you to join me each Monday as I reflect on the Lord's lessons of a Godly Marriage. My hope is that in your crazy, hectic life you find a moment each day to sit in the Calm of God's Presence and listen to Him.
Mary

Hi Mary. Great to see you start your blog. I'm an hour into work and I felt the craziness of a Monday. But I stopped here on your blog and I want to thank you for this opportunity to pause for a moment to find the ONE I need to focus on. I look forward to your Marriage Monday blogs. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary, for being a faithful mom, wife, and friend. Cannot wait to join you on your journey!
ReplyDeleteXOXO~
Jam
Mary, Thank you for sharing your blog with me! I look forward to following it and learning from what you share! You will be a blessing to so many and God will use you in mighty ways!
ReplyDeletebeautiful writing. I can't wait to see how God continues to work in your life.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog world! So glad you started!
ReplyDelete