On April 25th 1998 I married the love of my
life. During those 15 years we’ve traveled many miles on a journey neither of
us could have mapped out for ourselves. There have been joyous mountaintops
& dark, deep caverns & everywhere in between but through them all we
have grown stronger & deeper in love.
We have leaned on God in the hard times and praised Him
in the good times. Through our marriage God has taught me more about myself
than I could have imagined. I am forever thankful God placed Jeff in my life.
When I started writing The Calm of His Presence I
posted Marriage Monday each week. Over the last year I have moved away from the
Marriage Monday post but in honor of our 15th anniversary I wanted
to share with you some of what I have learned during our marriage.
15
Lessons Learned Through This Journey Called Marriage
·
God answers the prayers of a little girl beyond
what her heart can ever imagine.
·
Prince Charming does exist.
·
The honeymoon stage will pass & when it does
hold on tight to God & each other.
·
When times are hard & tensions are high
remember we are not each other’s enemy. We love each other & want what’s
best for each other & our marriage.
·
There will be times because of illness or
surgery where one person has to give completely while the other takes, remember
it’s just a season.
·
Before giving criticism find an encouraging word
to share.
·
My husband is my 1st confidant. If I
need to confide in someone other than my husband it must be a female.
·
Remember to say thank you often.
·
Don’t be afraid to admit when I am wrong.
·
Submitting to my husband doesn’t mean that I am
weak.
·
Be my husband’s biggest prayer warrior.
·
Enjoy date night at least once a month.
·
Don’t be afraid to ask someone to watch the kids
overnight so that we can have a “stolen moment”.
·
Keep communication lines open when it comes to
finances.
·
Give Grace…Grace…Grace…!
What have you learned in your marriage? Leave me a
comment and share them with us.
My friend Rachel Wojnarowski wrote a wonderful post on 7 ways to praise your husband for 7 days. I thought her tips went perfectly with today's post so I wanted to share it with you. I'd love for you to take a few minutes to stop by her blog & read what she has to say. While your there take some time to look around & give her some comment love & tell her I sent you.
In His Calm,
Mary
Mary

No comments:
Post a Comment