Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~


It's Thursday, the middle of November, just a week before Thanksgiving & I haven't posted a Thankful Thursday yet this month. It's not that I haven't been thanking God for all He has done for me, it's just that we have been doing so much I haven't been on the computer much.

My "One Word" for this year is Intentional. And that is just what I have been doing.

I have been intentional with time spent with my family on a wonderful, much needed trip away. 

I have been intentional with my Bible Study and God has proved Himself faithful in speaking to my heart through His Word.

I have been intentional with spending time here at home trying to set the calm, loving atmosphere I so want for my family. 

I still have a long way to go but progress is being made. Thanks to Courtney at Women Living Well I have been reminded what lighting a candle each morning and playing soft music will do to set a stage of calm and relaxation in the house.  


Each morning before I get out of bed I ask God to help me have a calm, loving heart that extends grace to my family.

In this world of constant commotion & chaos I want my home to be a place where my family feels protected, loved & peaceful. 

That feeling of protection, love and peace starts with me.  

My prayer over the last couple of weeks has been that of Psalm 19:14.


"May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

When I find myself getting frustrated, anxious and in a hurry I asked God to help my words be loving & kind and my thoughts be pure and holy in His sight. That prayer helps bring a peace over my heart and my house.

As we enter the week leading up to Thanksgiving I want my heart and my lips to praise God for the Amazing God that He is! My prayer is that my kids will see a Mom who loves God and praises Him and that they will in turn, speak more words of love and encouragement to each other and praise God for all that He is to them.

Continuing the Joy Dare #925- #950:
  • listening to my daughter sing as she colors
  • kids running around trick or treating with friends
  • having the faith of a mustard seed that God will move a mountain
  • impromptu visit to see WWII airplanes
  • thankful that there are men & women who will risk their lives to fight for our freedom
  • relaxing family trip to reconnect & decompress
  • bright orange leaves
  • laughter & dinner with special friends
  • safe travel
  • loving welcome
  • kids learning through fun without realizing it
  • reading of the Declaration of Independence at the Capital of Colonial Williamsburg on our Nations election day
  • God's perspective in the world today
  • the gift of wisdom, prayer warriors & friendship from a Godly group of Women
  • the gift of down time for my husband to completely heal
  • pampering time just for me
  • lightly scented candles
  • open windows
  • soft music filling the home
  • God reminding me I have a family & a home to minister to
  • lunch with a mentor
  • waking up after sleeping through an alarm
  • thunder in the night
  • rain to refresh the earth
  • bare trees
  • cold, crisp wind
Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 

















In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...