photo courtesy Ruth Rackley Photography
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9
You may have noticed I have been MIA for a week or so. Its not because I wanted to be! I have had major internet connection issues. The timing for being "removed" from the world of technology couldn't have been more inconvenient! I am in the middle of working on a major project & needed internet coverage for sending emails & files back & forth to a number of people but...
God needed to teach me something!
You see, all too often I think it is up to ME to make something happen. I put all the weight on MY shoulders to make sure everything is perfect. I place undue stress on myself
- to meet deadlines
- to make sure everything is spotless around the house
- to host the perfect gathering
- to share the perfect message.
Amid all the internet issues I realized this past week - It isn't about ME making/doing everything perfect!
It is about MY GOD being made PERFECT in MY weakness!
I may not always understand why certain things happen or don't happen
but I can trust & know God has a bigger & better plan. It took Him cutting me off from technology for me to see how He can work all things to His Glory. Normally I would have been unbelievably stressed at not being able to do things myself. Instead, He gave me the peace I needed to trust Him.
He taught me once again to rest in the Calm of His Presence & Trust His Ways.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9
As the week unfolded I was able to watch God
- adjust & meet deadlines
- allow me time to regain control of my household responsibilities
- enable me to open my home for a time of fellowship with sweet friends from church
- and trust that His Message was delivered despite my nerves.
"I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he." Deuteronomy 32:3-4
Now, I won't lie to you. There have been times in the last 2 weeks I have been stressed & exhausted because life has many twists & turns. When I submit to God & follow His ways in one area the enemy will tempt me in other areas. I am a work in progress. But, I am trusting God to show me His Ways.
As we are in the middle of Thanksgiving week I would love to hear how God has been made PERFECT in your weakness. Please leave a comment sharing with us what you have learned in your weakness.
In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:
Post a Comment