Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The ABCs of Thanksgiving 2011

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations. 
Psalm 100:4-5

Last year I shared with you the story of the first time I thanked God by going through the ABCs. I decided I would make it a tradition this year. God gives us so much to be thankful for! Each week as I have shared Thankful Thursday with you I am reminded over and over again how loving and generous our Great God is! 

I hope you are enjoying sweet family time with your loved ones. May you savor every moment God has given you. I know I will! I would love to hear what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving day.

Counting One Thousand Gifts #266 - #291
  • A- Apple picking & autumn leaves with family friends
  • B- Baby cousin miracles
  • C- Caroline's smile & laughter
  • D- Donuts & coffee with my "sista" friend
  • E- Easier recovery from surgery than expected
  • F- Following God in new adventures
  • G- Garrett's "jack-o-lantern" grin
  • H- "Heart" friends & chances to catch up even if it's once a year
  • I- the Imagination of my kids
  • J- Job security for Jeff even if it means long, extra hours
  • K- Knowing God's Presence is with me even when I don't feel it
  • L- the Love of an incredible husband
  • M- Migraine diagnosis - praise considering the other possibility
  • N- Nightly bedtime prayers & songs with my kids
  • 0- Open windows that allow cool breezes through the house
  • P- Power of prayer
  • Q- Quiet time reflections
  • R- Renewed love for hiking during a marriage retreat with Jeff
  • S- Sitting on my deck watching & listening to God's Glorious creation around me
  • T- The mentor relationships I have found in Godly women for my blog, prayer life & Christian walk.
  • U- Unconditional love from my Savior
  • V- Vacation at the beach with my family
  • W- Watching the Baptism of my children
  • X- Excitement on Garrett's face when he won his swimmeet
  • Y- Yielding to God's leadership & direction for my life
  • Z- Zzzzz's... & the renewal that comes with a good night sleep
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...