“God saw beyond who I was to who I could become.”
Renee Swope- A Confident Heart
God sees beyond who I am to who I can become!
This quote makes me stop. Take a deep breath. And
think.
Really? Does He really look past all my fears &
failures to who He wants me to be?
Does He really have a plan for me?
Does He really see how He can turn my weaknesses, my
doubts, and my failures into something beautiful for Him?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a
future. Jeremiah 29:11
If I believe His Word is true, which I do! Then I have
to trust that He does have a plan for my future and that there is Hope that I
can become more than what I see as my current fears & failures.
I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
This weekend I struggled with something God wanted me
to do. I DID NOT want to do it & I told him so. The problem is I was being
DISOBEDIENT.
That disobedience was coming out of my fear of
confrontation & fear of failure, but nonetheless I was being disobedient.
Over the course of the weekend God shared with me
through a webcast, a sermon, & Renee's book A Confident Heart that God did not give me a
spirit of fear & timidity but that I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me.
Earlier this week I faced my fear of confrontation. I was a
nervous wreck but as I prepared for the difficult discussion that was to come I
prayed for God to give me the strength I needed to overcome my fears. I prayed
He would help me see the strong woman He knew I could be.
And you know what? He did! He gave me the strength to
face my fear!
The difficult situation may not change but that is ok.
What did change was my confidence in Christ. Through my obedience I learned to
trust Him to help me overcome my fear of confrontation.
And through my obedience I took one more step closer to
becoming the woman God knows I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment