"A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity."
Proverbs 17:17
Take a look around you. What are your friends like? When you have times of difficulty in life are your friends there to help you? Do they pray with you? Do they stand up for you when others are attacking you? Do they hold you up when you feel like you can't bear the weight of the stress any longer? Or do they become busy when you need a helping hand, not willing to sacrifice when their friend is in need?
Last weekend Jeff & I climbed a mountain with some friends. The trail was called rattlesnake trail. There were steep grades, crooks & bends and thankfully benches where we stopped to catch our breaths along the way. We encouraged each other & cheered each other on for making it up each challenging spot. As with most hikes the last stretch was the hardest. As my friend's husband helped her climb the rocks we stood above encouraging her to keep moving. The view at the top was worth it!
As we stood on the rocky mountain top I marveled & thanked God for His magnificent creation. I should have been exhausted because that is the first form of exercise I have done since my surgery 5 months ago. Instead, I was invigorated & pumped.
I love that I had that moment with my husband & friends. I realized as I stood overlooking the valley that these friends had not only been with me as we climbed this physical mountain but they had also been with me and Jeff as we climbed a mountain in our family.
They, along with other friends prayed for us as we faced a health scare with our daughter. Even when it inconvenienced them they offered a helping hand with our son, rearranged work schedules to sit with us during tests or were the listening ear we needed.
God has blessed us with friends we can do life with. Not only are they our brothers and sisters in Christ, but they have become part of our family as well.
Thank you Lord for blessing me with friends who show me your Glorious Love.
My prayer is that you too, will have friends who sticks with you in adversity.
Counting One Thousand Gifts #225 - #235
- time away with my husband
- scaling mountains - in nature & in life with friends
- bright red, orange & yellow leaves
- crystal, shimmering, early morning dew
- lazy saturdays
- little voices singing praises to our Lord
- big brother reading a devotion to his little sister
- perfect, sunny weekend
- yard work
- learning to say no
- early morning coffee after a sleepless night
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
In His Calm,
Mary


No comments:
Post a Comment