"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:10-12
Guess what? My marriage is under attack! And you know what? Your marriage is under attack too! Why do I say that? Because its true.
Each day Satan does everything he can to whittle away at our marriages. Sometimes he strikes us in big ways like infidelity, lies & anger. Other times he sneaks in with busyness, misunderstandings & interruptions. The last thing Satan wants is for us to have a Godly marriage. He doesn't want our husband to be the spiritual head of the house. He doesn't want us to be Godly women who love and support our husband. He doesn't want us to raise our children knowing that they are to honor and obey us as parents.
How do we save our marriage & family? Ephesians 6:10 says "be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." God alone has the power to over come Satan! When we put on the full armor of God's Word we will be able to stand our ground and He will protect our marriage.
On November 12 -14, 2010 the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove is offering House or Home? Four essentials for your marriage with Chip Ingram. As stated on The Cove website you will "explore biblical principles from Ephesians 5-6 designed for the family, and discover the model for marriage that enriches relationships and withstands life's toughest storms."
I don't work for The Cove and in no way will I gain anything from you going to this seminar. I am just someone who had the opportunity to attend a seminar at The Cove earlier this year. I was so impacted by my time there I wanted to tell you about it. It is a little slice of heaven in Asheville, NC. As you enter the gates to The Cove you leave life behind. You will have the opportunity to focus on your husband and your marriage without the distractions of life. You and your husband can sit in a rocking chair watching the sunrise or you can take a peaceful hike along one of the meandering trails.
This weekend is sure to be a weekend for you and your husband to reconnect and learn God's truths. What better way to learn how to put the Armor of God around your marriage.
If you are planning on going please let me know so I can be praying for you. I would love for you to come back and share how God spoke to you and your husband during the marriage retreat.
In His Calm,
Mary

That sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope to be able to go sometime.
ReplyDeleteMary, it sounds great. Times away are vital to long term health in a marriage ... we have to get away from all of the "stuff" of daily life to focus on each other, do some evaluating, and get some encouragement. I love that you point out that all of our marriages are under attack. It's so important that we put on the armor, so we can stand firm. Marriage is a great area to apply the armor. Thanks for linking this up to Marriage Mondays!
ReplyDeleteWhen my husband and I pray together has always been when Satan trembles the most. Our connection spiritually to our Lord and Savior is vital to a loving relationship as a couple.....there is no other way!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Cove sounds awesome. Would love to go someday!!!!
Mary, so true! There are so many subtle way that Satan tries to tear us apart - great specific examples. GReat reminder of Truth!
ReplyDelete